Give me the Nay and sing, The secret song of eternity.
The laments of the Nay will linger Beyond the decline of existence.
Have you, like me, Chosen the forest dwelling Rather than the castle?
Have you followed the stream And climbed the rocks?Have you anointed your body With fragrance distilled in light?
Have you been drunk with dawn In the goblets full of pure air?
Have you, like me, Sat down at dusk, Among the glowing languor Of vines laden with grapes?
Have you lain down on the grass at night And covered yourself with heavens,
Opening your heart to the future, Forgetful of the past?
Give me the Nay and sing, The song in tune with hearts.
The laments of the Nay will linger Beyond the fading of sins.
Give me the Nay and sing, Unmindful of troubles and cures.
For each man Is nothing more than a watercolor sketch.
Poem by Gibran Khalil Gibran
Pictures taken at La , Paris
- Marriage By Khalil Gibran (renardmoreau.wordpress.com)
- Pain By Khalil Gibran (renardmoreau.wordpress.com)
- Love One Another By Khalil Gibran (renardmoreau.wordpress.com)
- Poem ” Beauty” by Khalil Gibran (veraiconica.wordpress.com)
- Believe it or not – Paris for free (jenjirajen.wordpress.com)